Merthyr-tydfil sentence example
- In Great Britain there is the South Welsh field, extending westward from the march of Monmouth shire to Kidwelly, and northward to Merthyr Tydfil.
- It contains a small part of the parliamentary borough of Merthyr Tydfil.
- In 1895 he had lost his seat in Parliament, but in 1900 he was elected for Merthyr Tydfil.
- In the great strike in the South Wales coal-field in 1898 he addressed, together with Robert Smillie, huge meetings of miners, and in the general election of 1906 he was reelected to Parliament for Merthyr Tydfil.
- Only four towns in North Wales are included in these eighteen, and the combined populations of these four - Wrexham (14,966), Festiniog (11,435), Bangor (11,269) and Holyhead (10,079) - fall far below that of Merthyr Tydfil (69,228), the fourth largest town in Glamorganshire.Advertisement
- About 400,000 tons of pig iron are produced yearly, and some of the largest iron-works in the world are situated at Merthyr Tydfil and Dowlais.
- In the north of the field, where the limestone crops out and supplies the necessary flux, Merthyr Tydfil has become great through iron-smelting; and in the west Swansea is the chief centre in the world for copper and tin smelting.
- In Wales there are io borough parliamentary areas, all of which, except Merthyr Tydfil and Swansea town division, consist of groups of several contributory boroughs.
- In addition to the naming, it is planned to run a few loco hauled trains on the Merthyr Tydfil line that day.
- The plant in Merthyr Tydfil had to comply with strict new European guidelines in order to be allowed to export the meat.Advertisement