Merrymaking sentence example
- In the Middle Ages the Common was the site for jousting tournaments, archery competitions, fetes and general merrymaking.
- The proceedings closed with songs to the god and a general merrymaking, in which all the members of the family and the servants took part.
- The second day, named Choes (feast of beakers), was a time of merrymaking.
- Once in the regiment I had not gone to some merrymaking where there was music... and suddenly I felt so depressed...
- It is celebrated in Catholic countries, as the last day of the carnival, with feasting and merrymaking, of which, in England, the eating of pancakes alone survives as a social custom, the day having been called at one time "Pancake Tuesday."Advertisement