Meres sentence example
- The meres in these domains are especially picturesque.
- Many of the meres, overhung with thick beechwoods, are extremely beautiful.
- A number of small meres occur in a defined area in Cheshire.
- Its waters reach the Danube through a network of streams, marshes and meres.
- The coast is a low-lying region of sandhills, meres and marshes with one lagoon, 42 m.Advertisement
- The name "metamerism " has been given to this structural phenomenon because the " meres," or repeated units, follow one another in line.
- I, Coelom of the first somite It also shows us that the neurowhich carries the anten meres, no less than the embryonic nae and is in front of the coelomic cavities, point to the existmouth.
- At a very early period it would appear to have been covered with forest; but this having been in great measure destroyed, it became in great part a swamp. In 1627 King Charles I., who was lord of the island, entered into a contract with Cornelius Vermuyden, a Dutchman, for reclaiming the meres and marshes, and rendering them fit for tillage.
- The meres were formed by retreating glaciers, or at least that is what experts want us to believe.
- Two of these sites are fluctuating meres while the third is a man-made pond.Advertisement
- Francis Meres (Palladis Tamia, 1598) mentions him in conjunction with many great names among "the most passionate, among us, to bewail and bemoan the perplexities of love."