Merchantman sentence example
- 30 he had sighted the lofty ranges of the Andes, and the " Prinz Eitel Friedrich," an armed merchantman, had been sent into Valparaiso to coal, while the squadron cruised at slow speed out of sight of the port.
- He pointed out the disadvantage of a submarine in attempting to stop such an armed vessel for search, and emphasized that armament on a merchantman had every appearance of being offensive.
- merchantman of 230 tons bound to Bordeaux from Martinique with sugar and coffee.
- merchantman of this period.
- Early in the year he captured a valuable Spanish merchantman off Ferrol.Advertisement
- She later damaged another merchantman and scored four hits on the Kent Class cruiser HMS Berwick before withdrawing.
- The Lord Stewart was 248 foot long, 1445 ton armed merchantman.
- In June 1748 FOX brought into Kinsale a French merchantman of 230 tons bound to Bordeaux from Martinique with sugar and coffee.
- In all, HMS Breconshire made more trips to Malta than any other merchantman.
- merchantman in the convoy.Advertisement
- merchantman>merchantmen bound up the St. George's Channel were given in charge of ARGUS off Cape Clear.
- merchantman, an attempt to board British merchantmen?
- merchantman Department at Washington announces that American merchantmen are authorized to fire on any German submarine at sight.