Merchant-marine sentence example
- The merchant marine of the United States in 1900 totalled 5,164,839 net tons, which was less than that of 1860 (5,353,808), in which year American shipping attained an amount which only in recent years Exports of Domestic Merchandise.
- Commerce.-Ecuador has no merchant marine beyond a few small vessels engaged in the coastwise traffic, some eighteen or twenty river steamers on the Guayas and its tributaries, and a number of steam launches, towboats and various descriptions of barges engaged in the transportation of produce and goods on the rivers.
- In 1905 their ocean-going merchant marine consisted of only 148 vessels, of which 54 were steamers of 42,873 tons net, and 94 were sailing vessels of 39,34 6 tons.
- Charles established a merchant marine and a formidable navy, which under Jean de Vienne threatened the English coast between 1 377 and 1380.
- Both Acciona TrasmediterrÃ¡nea and SpainÃ¢s merchant marine authority have refused to comment on the new regulations.Advertisement
- The distinctive object of the Federal Act, as defined in the measure itself, is to provide machinery for dealing with industrial disputes extending beyond any one state, examples of which were furnished by the first two important cases submitted to the court - the one concerning the merchant marine of Australia, and the other the sheep shearers, both of which were heard in 1907.
- Walker dropped out of school at age 16 and joined the U.S. Merchant Marine.