Mentone sentence example
- But in 1860 the annexation Nice and the adjoining territory to France brought the political frontier farther east, to a point between Mentone and Ventimiglia which constitutes no natural limit.
- He died at Mentone on the 12th of May 1896.
- He went to Mentone in the winter of 1866 and began the Reminiscences.
- Many such persons also do well in dry, warm places, such as the higher reaches of the Nile, Egypt, Mentone, St Raphael and other sheltered places on the Riviera.
- To foreigners the department is best known for its health resorts, Nice, Cannes, Mentone, Antibes and Beaulieu, while other important towns are Grasse and Puget Theniers.Advertisement
- It includes the towns of Monaco (3292), Condamine (6218) and Monte Carlo (3794) The principality at one time included Mentone and Roccabruna, now known as Roquebrune, which towns, however, were ceded to France in 1861 for a sum of four million francs.
- The Sardinian government took the opportunity of disturbances that occurred in 1848 to annex Mentone and Roccabruna, which were occupied by a Sardinian garrison till 1859.
- Meanwhile at Mentone in the winter of1873-1874he had grown in mind under the shadow of extreme physical weakness, and in the following spring began to contribute essays of high originality to one or two periodicals, of which the Cornhill, then edited by Sir Leslie Stephen, was at first the most important.