Mental-disorder sentence example
- The early stages of a mental disorder were beginning to show in the patient.
- Mentally disturbed - A very small group of people have a mental disorder which compels them to steal.
- Lord Warner also rebuffed calls to withdraw current advice on ME, which lists it as a mental disorder.
- The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) does not recognize lying as a mental disorder.
- If your loved one doesn't have a mental disorder and you don't believe it's part of his/her personality, it could very well be a learned response.Advertisement
- According to the National Institute of Mental Health, over one quarter (26.2 percent) of the population of the United States has a "diagnosable mental disorder in any given year."
- These symptoms include a mental disorder resembling schizophrenia as well as hyperirritability, violent acts, hallucinations, and difficulty in walking.
- Autism is a profound mental disorder marked by an inability to communicate and interact with others.
- Anxiety disorder-A mental disorder characterized by prolonged, excessive worry about circumstances in one's life.
- Early versions of the American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual included "runaway reaction" as a mental disorder.Advertisement
- This cleft should not be confused with the normal wrinkled brain surface, nor should the name be mistaken for schizophrenia, a mental disorder.
- Assessment-In the context of psychological assessment (a structured interview), assessment is information-gathering to diagnose a mental disorder.
- Borderline personality disorder-A mental disorder characterized by mood swings, unstable interpersonal relationships, poor self-image, and self-destructive and impulsive behaviors.
- Histrionic personality disorder-A mental disorder characterized by inappropriate attention-seeking behavior, rapid emotional shifts, and exaggerated expression of emotion.
- Do you have a preexisting condition, such as an illness or mental disorder?Advertisement
- You see Lucy has a mental disorder due to a severe car accident.