Menkes disease sentence example
- Severe alterations in copper metabolism occur in two genetic diseases, Wilson's disease and Menkes disease.
- Children with Menkes disease have characteristic kinky hair, seizures, developmental failures, and progressive degeneration of the brain.
- Children with Menkes disease are sometimes helped temporarily by intravenous injections of copper supplements.
- Children diagnosed with Menkes disease rarely live past their third birthday.
- Such genetic diseases as Wilson's disease and Menkes disease cannot be prevented as of the early 2000s.Advertisement