Memoria sentence example
- Laennec, to whom we are indebted for the practice of auscultation, freely admits that the idea was suggested to him by study of Hippocrates, who, treating of the presence of morbid fluids in the thorax, gives very particular directions, by 1 " Hippocrates Cous, primus quidem ex omnibus memoria dignus, ab studio sapientiae disciplinam hanc separavit, vir et arte et facundia insignis " (Celsus, De medicina).
- It supplied not only a memoria technica, but an organon, or method by which the genesis of all ideas from unity might be represented intelligibly and easily.
- They were catchwords, as it were, memoria technica, which could easily be remembered, and would recall the fuller expositions that had been based upon them.
- Ricci was himself a great expert in memoria technica, and astonished the Chinese by his performances in this line.
- The works (see above) of Sagra, Humboldt and Arango are indispensable; also those of Francisco Calcagno, Diccionario biogrdfico Cubano (ostensibly, New York, 1878); Vidal Morales y Morales, Iniciadores y primeros mdrtires de la revolucion Cubana (Havana, 1901); Jose Ahumada y Centurion, Memoria historica politica de.Advertisement