Melting-points sentence example
- There are thus two eutectic alloys B and D, and the alloys with compositions between B and D have higher melting-points.
- If the two substances are soluble in each other in all proportions at all temperatures above their melting points we get a diagram reduced to the two fusion curves cutting each other at a nonvariant point.
- It corresponds to one of the melting-points in the series without catalytic agents, viz.
- This is not only due to the fact that they are mixtures of several glycerides, but also that even pure glycerides, such as tristearin, exhibit two melting-points, a so-called "double melting-point," the triglycerides melting at a certain temperature, then solidifying at a higher temperature to melt again on further heating.
- The saturated fatty acids can then be further examined, and valuable information is gained by the determination of the melting-points and by treatment with solvents.Advertisement
- Electrically conductive adhesives with low melting points could provide many users with an acceptable solder replacement for these assemblies.
- Many other alloys shown in Table 1 have much higher melting points than tin-lead eutectic.
- Down the group, the metals get more reactive, and the melting points and boiling points decrease.
- Paraffin wax is available in a variety of types with different melting points.