Mellon sentence example
- Foreign policy was largely determined by Hughes, financial by Mellon, and the problem of unemployment was thrown upon Hoover.
- After graduating from the university of Pittsburgh he entered the banking house of Thomas Mellon & Sons and later became a partner.
- The business developed into three strong institutions, the Mellon National Bank, the Union Trust Company, and the Union Savings Bank, all of Pittsburgh.
- Mr. Mellon was elected president of the first mentioned in 1902, and was vice-president of the other two.
- When she was three-and-twenty, she inherited practically the whole of the immense wealth of her grandfather Thomas Coutts (approaching two millions sterling, a fabulous sum in those days), by the will of the duchess of St Albans, who, as the actress Henrietta Mellon, had been his second wife and had been left it on his death in 1821.Advertisement
- Mellon controls around 65% of the company's fully diluted share capital of about 50 million shares.
- Furthermore, in response to the growing demand for ethical investment solutions, Mellon Global investments has launched a new ethical tracker fund.
- The Pittsburgh area is home to many more colleges and universities including the University of Pittsburgh, Carnegie Mellon University, Duquesne University and Carlow University.
- In 1998, Michael Kobold founded the company for an entrepreneurship course at Carnegie Mellon University.
- Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania has something called the Open Learning Initiative, in which introductory-level courses are offered free of charge via the Internet.Advertisement
- The result was Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness, a double-disc album with 28 songs and over 2 hours of music.
- During the Mellon Collie era, drummer Jimmy Chamberlin overdosed on heroin in his New York City hotel room.
- Corgan stated that Mellon Collie would be the last rock album from his band and that rock itself was becoming stale due to a lack of experimentation.
- Their signature sound went through an evolution shortly after Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness to produce an entirely unique sound.
- One of the most popular alternative albums ever, Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness features 28 tracks of some of the Pumpkins' finest rock music.Advertisement