Melancholic sentence example
- Mogwai explored the use of guitar-based melodies and down-tempo, melancholic songs.
- The latter is extremely important for this melancholic and romantic ballet.
- This album has languid, melancholic cynicism oozing out of all twelve solid tracks.
- All three showed off Will's autumnal fingerpicking style and a warm, melancholic voice reminiscent of the great Nick Drake.
- All three showed off Will 's autumnal fingerpicking style and a warm, melancholic voice reminiscent of the great Nick Drake.Advertisement
- Winter is a melancholy time and Saturn governs the melancholic temperament.
- Their delightfully dour little pop songs do touch on the melancholic side of things, but the lyrics are wonderfully slice-of-life descriptions.
- A wordless, visual tapestry full of magical images that captures the sometimes joyful, sometimes melancholic mood of present-day Havana.
- While the Plain White T's are clearly influenced by these and other contemporary bands, they do very much have a sound of their own which is melancholic, sentimental, thoughtful and well executed.
- The "Melancolia," numbered "1" as though intended to be the first of a series, with its brooding winged genius sitting dejectedly amidst a litter of scientific instruments and symbols, is hard to interpret in detail, but impossible not to recognize in general terms as an embodiment of the spirit of intellectual research (the student's "temperament" was supposed to be one with the melancholic), resting sadly from its labours in a mood of lassitude and defeat.Advertisement