Megaloblastic sentence example
- These facts may suggest that patients with multiple myeloma are more vulnerable to developing megaloblastic anemia than others.
- Folic acid deficiency anemia is the most common type of megaloblastic anemia, arising from a problem with the synthesis of deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) within the cells of the body.
- Less common in the United States than folic acid anemia, vitamin B12 deficiency anemia is another type of megaloblastic anemia that develops when the body does not absorb enough of this nutrient.
- In some anemias, a bone marrow sample will be removed (bone marrow biopsy) for microscopic examination, especially to confirm iron deficiency anemia or the megaloblastic anemias.
- Folate deficiency causes megaloblastic anemia, which is characterized by the presence of large abnormal cells called megaloblasts in the circulating blood.Advertisement
- The symptoms of megaloblastic anemia are tiredness and weakness.
- Vitamin B12 deficiency causes megaloblastic anemia and, if severe enough, can result in irreversible nerve damage.