Medium-rare sentence example
- My beef sirloin was medium rare as I asked and the cut was perfect.
- So when the edges change from red to brown, the middle is moving from rare to medium-rare to rare.
- A good rule of thumb is to allow 12-15 minutes per pound for a rare roast and 15-18 minutes for a medium rare roast.
- The roast is done when the meat thermometer reads 115 to 120 degrees for rare or 125 to 130 degrees for medium rare.
- Filet mignon is best when served rare or medium rare.Advertisement
- Cooking a filet mignon any more than medium rare would not take full advantage of this succulent cut of beef.
- A medium rare steak will have some give to it, but not so much that your finger leaves an indentation on its surface.
- Bake on the center rack of the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes until an instant-read meat thermometer reaches between 125F and 130F degrees for medium rare.