Medievalist sentence example
- Douglas is in all important respects even more of a medievalist than his contemporaries; and, like Henryson and Dunbar, strictly a member of the allegorical school and a follower, in the most generous way, of Chaucer's art.
- But in 1741 the well-known medievalist La Curne de St Palaye found at Lucca a manuscript of the 16th century, evidently representing an older text than any yet printed.
- Stubbss medievalist sympathies color his history throughout, and still more strongly does Froudes anticlericalism.
- We are pleased to have such a distinguished medievalist with us next year.
- medievalist with research interests in the history of universities.Advertisement
- misspellefore am grateful to Professor Jacoby for pointing out that I misspelt the surname of the eminent medievalist, Hans Eberhard Mayer.