Medallist sentence example
- Relations came to his aid, and presently his anxieties were relieved by Francis Martin, bursar of Trinity, who gave him liberal help. Benson took his degree in 1852 as a senior optime, eighth classic and senior chancellor's medallist, and was elected fellow of Trinity in the following year.
- The numerous artists employed on the interior of the church were under the direction of the proto-maestro Matteo de Pasti the celebrated medallist.
- Our third medallist was Nina MacArthur who got the bronze medal in the younger Youth's age-group.
- Triple World University Games gold medallist Rebecca Cooke won the women's 800m freestyle.
- Pisanello or Vittore Pisano, a charming painter and the greatest medallist of Italy, was probably a pupil of Altichiero.Advertisement
- He then went on to beat Frenchman Olivier Hatem, the Sydney silver medallist, for the first time in his career.
- Kirsty Balfour was Britain 's other two-time gold medallist, winning the 100m and 200m breaststroke.
- He won a Craven scholarship and graduated as senior classic in 1844, being also senior chancellor's medallist in classics.
- After receiving his early education in Paris, he was sent to Rugby, and thence proceeded to Trinity College, Cambridge, where he was second classic and chancellor's medallist, and rowed for the university in the winning boat against Oxford.
- In 18J9 he was senior classic, 33rd wrangler, chancellor's medallist and Craven scholar.Advertisement