Meconium-ileus sentence example
- Approximately 10 to 15 percent of babies who inherit CF have meconium ileus at birth.
- The meconium of a newborn with meconium ileus is thickened and sticky, due to the presence of thickened mucus from the intestinal glands.
- Presence of meconium ileus is considered highly indicative of CF.
- A child born with meconium ileus will be tested before leaving the hospital.
- Infants with cystic fibrosis are more likely to experience meconium ileus (obstruction of a dark green material in the intestine in newborns).Advertisement
- In children with cystic fibrosis in which meconium ileus becomes evident soon after birth, the prognosis is linked with the primary disease; the median age of survival for cystic fibrosis patients is 30 years.