Mechanical-energy sentence example
- Water energy, or hydropower, comes from the mechanical energy of the tides and waves.
- This shows that mechanical energy is lost at the rate 2 F per unit time.
- In whatever form energy is produced and distributed to the train it ultimately appears as mechanical energy applied to turn one or more axles against the resistance to their rotation imposed by the weight on the wheels and the motion of the train.
- The fundamental difference between the two methods is that while the mechanical energy developed by a steam engine is in the first case applied directly to the driving-axle of the locomotive, in the second case it is transformed into electrical energy, transmitted over relatively long distances, and retransformed into mechanical energy on the driving-axles of the train.
- Mechanical energy may be developed in bulk at a central station conveniently situated with regard to a coal-field or a waterfall, and after transformation by means of electric generators into electric energy it may be transmitted to the locomotive and then by means of electric motors be retransformed into mechanical energy at the axles to which the motors are applied.Advertisement
- They store mechanical energy and the amount of force is proportional to the amount they are twisted.
- It assists the brakes in slowing the car down but also uses that mechanical energy to recharge the car's batteries by turning it into electrical energy.
- In addition, the practice replaces mechanical energy with human energy, providing more jobs and revenue to local economies.