Meadow saffron sentence example
- The corm of the meadow-saffron attains its full size in June or early in July.
- Tofieldia, an arctic and alpine genus of small herbs with a slender scape springing from a tuft of narrow ensiform leaves and bearing a raceme of small green flowers; Narthecium (bog-asphodel), herbs with a habit similar to Tofieldia, but with larger golden-yellow flowers; and Colchicum, a genus with about 30 species including b the meadow saffron or autumn crocus (C. autumnale).
- In autumn the meadows bloom once more, this time with meadow saffron - a plant associated with ancient grasslands.
- - Corm of Meadow Saffron (Colchicum autumnale).
- Spring Meadow Saffron (Bulbocodium) - B. vernum is a pretty liliaceous bulb from 4 to 6 inches high, and one of the earliest of flowers, sending up large rosy-purple flower-buds, distinct in color.Advertisement