Mayon sentence example
- East of the town rises Mayon, an active volcano, and the rich volcanic soil in this region produces hemp, rice and coco-nuts.
- Mt Mayon (7916 ft.), near the south-eastern extremity, is an active volcano with an almost perfect cone.
- The principal centres of disturbance are in the valley of the Agusan, in the region of Mayon volcano, in the region of Taal volcano, on Masbate Island, and along the north shore of Luzon.
- But there were 26 eruptions of Mayon in the 19th century, and those of 1814 and 1897 were of great violence.
- Only a few eruptions have been recorded of any of these, however, except Taal and Mayon, and there has been no great eruption of Taal since 1754.Advertisement