May day sentence example
- In the United Kingdom the regular bowling season extends from May day till the end of September or the middle of October.
- The market is still held on Wednesdays, and in 1792 the Michaelmas fair and another on May-day were in existence.
- May-day revels are still kept up here and attract large crowds from the neighbourhood.
- These rites recall our May day observance, and give colour to the earthgoddess theory.
- The first prize offered was won by Christian Braumann Tullin (1728-1765) for his beautiful poem of May-day.Advertisement
- The main highlight of the local social calender is the May Day duck race.
- For example people corralled by police in Oxford Circus during the May Day 2001 demonstrations are currently challenging this action.
- Angry truckers celebrated this May Day by blocking freeways in Los Angeles and container terminals in Oakland and Stockton.
- Charlotte Patch and Billy Richardson were crowned as the May Day queen and prince while energetic revelers danced around the decorated maypole.
- It was considered unlucky, in France, to pick them for May Day.Advertisement
- Put it in your diary for May Day - not that we would condone any vandalism.
- The May Day Holiday weather was excellent with almost unbroken sunshine, giving clear views of the spectacular scenery along the West Highland Railroad.
- Women accessorized with ribbons and flowers, making every day May Day.