Mawkish sentence example
- The salt has a sweet, mawkish taste.
- It was sentimental, moving, yet not mawkish.
- But maybe the program's greatest achievement was avoiding mawkish sentimentality.
- She is unsentimental, unpretentious, never mawkish, never the slightest bit swamped with self-pity, nor ever less than clear.
- Let's not get mawkish here, suffice to say that life has been kind to me in an absent-minded ' who's he?Advertisement
- Pretty much all of the program was embarrassing now, and not just the occasionally mawkish serious bits.
- What was once sweet has become mawkish, and the once exquisite simile appears little more than an ingenious conceit.
- In that regard it's a good idea to stick to easy quaffing reds, rosés and whites that are not big on drama, excessively flabby or condescendingly mawkish.
- The flowers are large, white or pale rose, and followed in August by fruits of a brilliant red as large as a hens egg, and edible, though of mawkish flavor.