Mausoleums sentence example
- Adjoining the tomb also are numerous marble mausoleums, the sepulchres of princes of the house of Timur; and especially deserving of notice is a royal building tastefully decorated by an Italian artist named Geraldi, who was in the service of Shah Abbas the Great.
- He built temples, theatres, and mausoleums, promoted the arts and sciences, and bestowed honours and salaries upon the teachers of rhetoric and philosophy.
- Burial takes place in family mausoleums, walled up after each interment; but Akils are buried in their own houses.
- Each of these ruins has been visited by archaeologists who have copied inscriptions, described the temples, triumphal arches, porticos, mausoleums and the other monuments which are still standing, collected statues or other antiquities; and in many cases they have actually excavated.
- It contains many handsome monuments and private mausoleums, and a beautiful mortuary chapel in the Norman style.Advertisement
- Giovanni e Paolo was the usual burying-place of the doges, and contains many noble mausoleums of various dates.