Mauser sentence example
- The equipment of the standing army is thoroughly modern, the infantry being provided with Mauser rifles and the artillery with Krupp batteries.
- Mauser rifles (1901 model) and carbines are used by the infantry and cavalry, and Schneider Canet quick-firing guns by the field and horse artillery.
- The military rifle adopted for all three branches of the service is the Mauser, 1895 model, of 7 mm.
- The manufacturing industries assisted by the government developed rapidly during the later years of the 19th century, notably metal-working, especially such branches of it as require exact and delicate workmanship. Of particular importance are iron and steel goods, locomotives (for which Esslingen enjoys a great reputation), machinery, motor-cars, bicycles, small arms (in the Mauser factory at Oberndorf), all kinds of scientific and artistic appliances, pianos (at Stuttgart), organs and other musical instruments, photographic apparatus, clocks (in the Black Forest),.
- The infantry were armed in 1910 with the Mauser rifle (model 99) the field artillery with quick-firing guns on the Schneider-Canet system.Advertisement
- The rifle used by the infantry is a modified Mauser of the German 1888 model.