Maumee river sentence example
- North of the lower course of the Maumee river is a belt of sand, but Ohio drift generally contains a large mixture of clay.
- The power of the Indians was overthrown by General Anthony Wayne's victory in the battle of Fallen Timbers, fought the 10th of August 1794 near the rapids of the Maumee river a few miles above the site of Toledo, Ohio; and the Mississippi question was settled temporarily by the treaty of 1795 and permanently by the purchase of Louisiana in 1803.
- The water supply is derived from the Maumee river and is filtered by a municipal filtration plant.
- Although the ordinance creating the North-West Territory fixed the boundary line as claimed by Michigan, yet that line was found to be farther south than was at the time expected and when the constitution of Ohio was adopted it was accompanied with a proviso designed to secure to that state a north boundary that was north of the mouth of the Maumee River.
- The Miami and Erie canal, leading from Maumee river to Cincinnati, 2441m., with a branch to Port Jefferson, 14 m., with locks 90 by 15 by 4 ft., connects with Lake Erie through Toledo.Advertisement
- By him the Indians were signally defeated in the Battle of Fallen Timbers (or Maumee Rapids) on the 10th of August 1794, and Fort Wayne, Indiana, was erected on the Maumee river.