Mattock sentence example
- Working with a mattock and shovel, she began digging a hole.
- It is dug using a mattock to strip the turf and break up the hardest ground and a spade to dig out the earth.
- The chief implements were a wooden plough of simple and light construction, a hoe or mattock, and a light harrow.
- When he was done, he placed the mattock and shovel in the wheelbarrow and wheeled them down to the barn for her.
- A mattock with which to break the clods is often found represented in Anglo-Saxon drawings as subsidiary to the plough.Advertisement