Matrons sentence example
- Graduate courses are given in agriculture, business, domestic art and science, library methods, "matrons'" training, and public school teaching.
- The goddess Fortuna here went by the name of Primigenia (First-Born, but perhaps in an active sense FirstBearer); she was represented suckling two babes, said to be Jupiter and Juno, and she was especially worshipped by matrons.
- It is his business to look after the pack which is not hunting, to walk them out, to prepare the food for the hunting pack so that it is ready when they return, and in the spring to attend to the wants of the matrons and whelps.
- Accordingly, after a commission of doctors had reported that they had found in her nothing of evil or contrary to the Catholic faith, and a council of matrons had reported on her chastity, she was permitted to set forth with an army of 4000 or 5000 men designed for the relief of Orleans.
- The Upupa ceylonensis is familiar to the natives as the "bird of the Li matrons," and the Palaeornis javanica as the "sugar-cane bird."Advertisement
- In his sanctuary on the Quirinal, the foundation of which was celebrated on the 5th of June, there were shown the distaff and spindle of Tanaquil, the wife of Tarquinius Priscus, and in the, eyes of Roman matrons the embodiment of all wifely virtues.
- We have introduced 3,000 modern matrons who we have placed at the center of the drive to reduce infections.
- We will give hospital matrons the power to close down infected wards.
- Between 1995 and October 1998 three matrons were employed and for a lengthy period the home was in the charge of an acting matron.
- Many of you will have heard about plans for ' modern matrons ' .Advertisement
- This changed over time, but at one time, it was the matrons and dowagers who called the fashion shots.