Matriculation sentence example
- The preliminary, or classical examination, is usually that of university matriculation, or its equivalent.
- Young Luther entered his name on the matriculation book in letters which can still be read "Martinus Ludher ex Mansfelt," a free student, no longer embarrassed by great poverty.
- After five or six years from the date of beginning his studies (matriculation) and being twenty years of age (these conditions varied at different periods), a bachelor was permitted to present himself for the examination for the licentiateship, which was divided into two parts.
- In 1991, only 7% of Ethiopian immigrants received their high school matriculation certificates.
- JOHN JEWEL (1522-1571), bishop of Salisbury, son of John Jewel of Buden, Devonshire, was born on the 2 4 th of May 1522, and educated under his uncle John Bellamy, rector of Hampton, and other private tutors until his matriculation at Merton college, Oxford, in July 1535.Advertisement
- These changes included the transference of the initiative in university legislation from the sole authority of the heads of houses to an elected and representative body, the opening of college fellowships and scholarships to competition by the removal of local and other restrictions the non-enforcement at matriculation of subscription to the Thirty-nine Articles, and various steps for increasing the usefulness and influence of the professoriate.
- Provision is made for secondary education in all the leading town schools, which prepare pupils for matriculation.
- - University Of London School Examination, Matriculation Standard examinations) the examination may be prolonged over one or more days, and may test higher powers of investigation.
- The sole function of the university was to examine, and its examinations for matriculation and for degrees in arts and science were carried on by means of written papers not only in London but in many centres in the United Kingdom and the colonies.
- In medieval times obtained after studying the quadrivium; now obtainable by any Cambridge Bachelor of Arts six clear years after matriculation.Advertisement
- Users must show a current matriculation card or library ticket on entering the Library or on request from a member of the Library staff.
- required to attend the matriculation ceremony or the degree ceremony at which their degree is incorporated.
- The first is of a preliminary character, qualifying for registration as a student or apprentice; in lieu of this examination, certificates of matriculation at a university, and those of certain other educational bodies, are accepted.
- In medieval times obtained after studying the Quadrivium; now obtainable by any Cambridge Bachelor of Arts six clear years after matriculation.
- They are not required to attend the matriculation ceremony or the degree ceremony at which their degree is incorporated.Advertisement