Mastoid-bone sentence example
- The patient wears headphones when air conduction is tested and a vibrating earpiece behind the ear next to the mastoid bone or along the forehead when bone conduction is tested.
- Mastoiditis is a bacterial infection of the air cells in the mastoid bone of the skull.
- The infection may spread from the ear to the mastoid bone of the skull, which is the bony bump off the base of the skull, located just behind the ears slightly above the level of the earlobe.
- The mastoid bone is composed of air cells that are in communication with the middle ear.
- A head CT scan or CT of the ear may show a fluid-filled middle ear and an abnormality in the mastoid bone.Advertisement
- Mastoiditis-An inflammation of the bone behind the ear (the mastoid bone) caused by an infection spreading from the middle ear to the cavity in the mastoid bone.
- Electrodes are surgically implanted into the cochlea through a hole drilled in the mastoid bone.
- During the procedure, the surgeon makes an incision behind the ear and opens the mastoid bone (the ridge on the skull behind the ear) leading into the middle ear.