Massifs sentence example
- Beginning with the Aptian and Albian the sea again gradually spread over the country and attained its maximum in the early part of the Senonian epoch, when once more the ancient massifs of the Central Plateau, Brittany and the Ardennes, alone rose above the waves.
- The Hohe Tauern contains the massifs of the Gross-Glockner (12,455 ft.), the Hochnarr (10,670 ft.) and the Ankogel (11,006 ft.), and is traversed by the saddles of the Hochthor and the Malnitzer Tauern, which separates these groups from one another.
- It is formed of several streams having their origin in the massifs of the Pic d'Arbizon and the Pic du Midi de Bigorre, but during the first half of its course remains an inconsiderable river.
- The Transtagine Mountains cannot rightly be described as a single system, as they consist for the most part of isolated ranges or massifs.
- Quinag is one of the great mountain massifs of Assynt.Advertisement
- In their midst lie the Picos de Europa, a compact trio of limestone massifs, rising to nearly 9,000 feet in height.
- Trekking in Tanzania and Kenya The major mountain massifs of East Africa are solitary giants.
- Intrusions of granitic massifs in the Devonian period formed the primitive mountain axis of Victoria, which extends east and west across the state and forms the nucleus of the Victorian highlands.