Masques sentence example
- Elizabethan masques were also performed outdoors during the summer months.
- He was also responsible for the creation of the elaborate court masques of the Jacobean period.
- Of a rhyming family of Hjarne, it is enough to mention one member, Urban Hjarne (1641-1724), who introduced the new form of classical tragedy from France, in a species of transition from the masques of Stjernhjelm to the later regular rhymed dramas.
- Inigo went on to develop from designing masques to architecture.
- In later years even great architect Inigo Jones was employed to produce lavish sets accompanied by various mechanical devices for the Jacobean masques.Advertisement
- History of pantomime It is generally acknowledged that British pantomime is modeled on the early masques of the Elizabethan and Stuart times.
- Oftener, however, they were mere masques worn at funerals by men who personated the ancestors and wore their robes of office.