Masquerades sentence example
- Francis showed an even greater love for violent exercises, such as hunting, which was his ruling passion, and tennis, and for tournaments, masquerades and amusements of all kinds.
- Balls and masquerades, exhibitions of fireworks, regattas and many other forms of amusement were provided; but by the close of the 18th century Ranelagh was ceasing to attract the public, and in 1803 the Rotunda was closed.
- An annual exhibition is held under the auspices of the Art Union; and the members of the Artists' Society, or Malkasten, as they are called, have annual festivals and masquerades.
- April Masini masquerades as Ask April, dishing about what it takes to make relationships work.
- Here, the Gascan look masquerades as a brown smoke/marbled frame and gold, almost yellow, lenses.Advertisement
- Gypsy costumes are also very popular at Halloween and for masquerades.
- Masquerades have gone in and out of fashion, but in their current incarnation, the tendency for costume is towards something period - either medieval, Renaissance, Georgian or Gothic Victorian.