Maseru sentence example
- The seat of government is Maseru, on the left bank of the Caledon, with a population of about ¶000 including some loo Europeans.
- A government grant is made towards the cost of upkeep. A government industrial school (opened in 1906) is maintained at Maseru, and the Paris Society has an industrial school at Leloaleng.
- The completion in October 1905 of a railway putting Maseru in connexion with the South African railway system proved a great boon to the community.
- Another branch from the same line crosses the Caledon to Maseru, Basutoland.
- For administrative purposes the Territory is divided into the seven districts of Maseru, Leribe, Mohales Hoek, Berea, Mafeteng, Quthing and Qacha's Nek, each of which is subdivided into wards presided over by Basuto chiefs.Advertisement
- The chiefs also attended a large meeting at Maseru, and gave expression to their gratitude for the beneficent character of Queen Victoria's rule and protection.