Marshlands sentence example
- To the east lay the flat marshlands of the Isle of Grain.
- Marine and aquatic life have suffered as a result of these poisonous chemicals contaminating ocean beds, wetlands and marshlands.
- With the drying up of this channel and the closing of Sandwich harbour in the 16th century, the present marshlands or level to the south and west of the isle were left.
- The Thames was once a much broader, shallower river with extensive marshlands.
- In the time of the civil war the marshlands in Irak between Basra and Wasit had been occupied by a large population of Indians, called yat, or, according to the Arabic pronunciation, Zoti, who infested the roads and levied a heavy tribute from the ships ascending and descending the Tigris.Advertisement
- The name of Alkmaar, which means "all sea," first occurs in the 10th century, and recalls its former situation in the midst of marshlands and lakes.