Marrakesh sentence example
- When their amirs crossed the Straits it was to lead a jehad against the Christians and to return to their capital, Marrakesh.
- The last representative of the line, Idris IV., "El Wathik," was reduced to the possession of Marrakesh, where he was murdered by a slave in 1269.
- The most imposing view is to be obtained from the plain of Marrakesh, only some 1000 ft.
- Ranking during the early centuries of its existence as one of the greatest cities of Islam, Marrakesh has long been in a state of grievous decay, but it is rendered attractive by the exceptional beauty of its situation, the luxuriant groves and gardens by which it is encompassed and interspersed, and the magnificent outlook which it enjoys towards the mountains.
- The murder of a Frenchman, Dr Mauchamp, in March 1907, by the rabble of Marrakesh was the immediate cause of the occupation of Udja by France.Advertisement
- It is the port for Marrakesh, from which it is i io m.
- Ibn Tashfin, who was largely guided by Zainab, had in the meantime brought what is now known as Morocco to complete subjection, and in 1062 had founded the city of Marrakesh ("Morocco City").
- The conquest of the city of Marrakesh by the Muwahhadis in 1147 marked the fall of the dynasty, though fragments of the Murabtis continued to struggle in the Balearic Islands, and finally in Tunisia.
- In May 1907 the southern tribes invited Mulai Hafid, an elder brother of Abd-el-Aziz, and viceroy at Marrakesh, to become sultan, and in the following August Hafid was proclaimed sovereign there with all the usual formalities.
- After months of inactivity Abd-el-Aziz made an effort to restore his authority, and quitting Rabat in July he marched on Marrakesh.Advertisement
- Caravans from Sus laden with copper-ware, olive oil, butter, saffron, wax, skins, dates, dried roses, &c., are sent to Marrakesh, four days' journey from Tarudant.
- The slaves were forwarded thence in gangs to different towns, especially to Marrakesh, Fez and Mequinez.
- If your taste leans more towards contemporary design, you can try out Thomasville lines such as Portico, Canyon, Marrakesh, Pavilion, Patchouli, or Interlude.
- You can choose from pieces such as Caribbean Breeze, Marrakesh, Limerick, and Papaya.
- Check out this gorgeous Marrakesh Swimdress.Advertisement