Marmosets sentence example
- In characters of such importance as the structure of the hand and foot, the lower apes diverge extremely from the gorilla; thus the thumb ceases to be opposable in the American monkeys, and in the marmosets is directed forwards, and armed with a curved claw like the other digits, the great toe in these latter being insignificant in proportion.
- Marmosets are not larger than squirrels, and present great variation in colour; all have long tails, and many have the ears tufted.
- It has, however, been proposed to transfer the name Chrysothrix to the marmosets of the genus Hapale, to which it is stated to have been originally applied, and to replace it by Saimiris.
- In jerboas, for example, a bunch of twelve or thirteen hairs springs from the same point, while in the polar bear a single stout hair and several slender ones arise together, and in the marmosets three equal-sized hairs form regular groups.
- Marmosets All five sites using marmosets All five sites using marmosets responded to this question.Advertisement
- Common marmosets We currently have three common marmosets that were all rescued from the pet trade in Britain.
- Details of article Assessing what factors affect marmosets breeding success by Sharyn Amos.
- Primates range from tiny marmosets weighing only a few grams, to huge gorillas weighing 140 180kg.
- Our male marmosets are currently in two groups: the pair Leo and Nathan and the trio Taz, Billy, and Matthew.
- Sadly the female had medical problems and passed away leaving Oberon to share his house with our female common marmosets.Advertisement
- Like all animals living in the Amazon rainforest, the silvery marmosets are threatened by deforestation caused by logging and farming.
- In the wild marmosets supplement their diet with a steady supply of tree gum which they gouge out with their sharp teeth.