Markt sentence example
- Among the latter is the Grosse Markt with a statue of Prince Leopold I.
- The Groote Markt is the largest market-square in Holland.
- In its centre lies the Markt Kirche, a red-brick edifice of the 14th century, containing interesting monuments and some fine stained-glass windows, and with a steeple 3 10 ft.
- The elder branch of the mediatized house of Rechteren-Limpourg is still established at Almelo; the younger, German branch, at Markt Einersheim in Bavaria.
- The ancient part of the town is still surrounded by the former moat, and in the centre lies a group of open places, of which the Groote Markt is one of the largest market-squares in Holland.Advertisement
- The most important squares are the Domhof, the Heumarkt, Neumarkt, Alte Markt and Waidmarkt in the old inner, and the Hansa-platz in the new inner town.
- The town has four gates, one of them dating from the 14th century, and some fine squares, among them the Blucher Platz, with a statue of Blucher, who was born here, and the Neue Markt.
- Rietschel, Die Civitas auf deutschem Boden bis zum Auagange der Karolingerzeit (Leipzig, 1894); and, for the newly founded towns, the same author, Markt and Stadt in ihrem rechtlichen Verheiltnis (Leipzig, 1897).
- From it runs the Lange Gasse, the main street, to the Lange Markt.
- Lukas MÃ¼ller Die Sachen fÃ¼r den Salat und das andere GemÃ¼se eilen nicht, und morgen ist doch Markt.Advertisement