Market-house sentence example
- By the market house is a statue of Sir Humphry Davy, who was born here in 1778.
- Among the public buildings are a handsome city-hall, a city market-house, a charity hospital and a high school.
- The principal buildings are the parish church of St Thomas (restored 1874), the church of St David (r866), a Roman Catholic church, and Baptist, Calvinistic, Methodist, Congregational and Wesleyan chapels; the intermediate and technical schools (1895), Davies's endowed (elementary) school (1789), the Gwyn Hall (1888), the town hall, with corn exchange in the basement storey, and the market-house.
- There is a market house of the 16th century.
- Besides the parish church of St Mary Magdalene, a fine and massive Perpendicular building with an ancient pulpit of carved stone, there are a guildhall and market house.Advertisement
- The principal public buildings are a town hall, market house and church institute.
- The principal buildings are the market-house and town hall, and the industries include distilling, brewing, tanning, the making of net, rope and twine and woollen manufactures.
- The principal public buildings are the guildhall, town-hall and market-house, and public rooms, which include a museum of natural history.
- In Pine Street is the Central railway station and the spacious Market House.
- The principal buildings are All Saints church, erected in 1870 from the designs of Sir Gilbert Scott, and other churches, the market house and town hall, the Royal Victoria Yacht club-house, the theatre and the Royal Isle of Wight Infirmary.Advertisement
- The principal buildings are the church of St Helen, Witton, noted for its finely carved roof of the 17th century, a museum and free library and market house.
- There is also an ancient market-house, used as a town-hall.
- Near the market house is the site of an ancient chapel dedicated to Thomas a Becket.
- The market-house and guildhall was erected in 1757.
- This award winning center is situated in the 18th centaury Linen Market House in Lisburn.Advertisement
- Wymondham in Norfolk has a fine example of a market house.