Mark out sentence example
- Our regions will not be natural unless they mark out real discontinuities both of origin and affinity, and these we can only seek to explain by reference to past changes in the earths history.
- The device of hereditary coat-armour, a growth of the 12th century, did much to define and mark out the noble class throughout Europe.
- These, however, are sufficient to mark out the circuit of the ancient orchestra, on which the subsequently built proscenia encroached.
- 7 Early Protestantism lived too much in the thought of justification to mark out the boundaries of creed with this scholastic precision.
- The medusa has a pronounced radial symmetry, and the positions of the primary tentacles, usually four in number, mark out the so-called radii, alternating with which are four interradii.Advertisement
- They are enveloped in a cloud of religious sanctions, and serve to mark out by their recurring periods the annual round of common life.
- It was the duty of the augur, before the auspices properly so called (those from the sky and from birds) were taken, to mark out with his staff the templum or consecrated space within which his observations were intended to be made.
- Use easily movable furniture (kitchen chairs, coffee tables) to mark out a course.
- Trees are also notched by the tusks of a male wild boar, possibly to mark out his territory.
- Using orange spray paint or something similar, mark out a circle.Advertisement
- Having a rehearsal space that you can roughly mark out the boundaries of the actual performance space is essential.