Mark antony sentence example
- Its political position between 64 and 41 B.C., when Mark Antony became master of the East, is not quite certain.
- But Herod held his ground as governor of Coele-Syria and retained the favour of Cassius and Mark Antony in turn, despite the complaints of the Jewish nobility.
- In 34 B.C. (for example) or earlier, Mark Antony gave Cleopatra the whole of Phoenicia and the coast of the Philistines south of Eleuthesus, with the exception only of Tyre and Sidon, part of the Arabian territory and the district of Jericho.
- In the army of 50,000 mounted men which took the field against Mark Antony there were, says Justin, only 400 freemen.
- But it was easily repulsed by Ventidius Bassus, the lieutenant of Mark Antony.Advertisement
- Mithradates extended them to a bowshot from the temple in all directions, and Mark Antony imprudently allowed them to take in part of the city, which part thus became free of all law, and a haunt of thieves and villains.
- Like Cicero, Varro received harsh treatment from Mark Antony after the Pompeian defeat.
- Actium is chiefly famous as the site of Octavian's decisive victory over Mark Antony (2nd of September 31 B.e.).
- Subsequently she became the ally and mistress of Mark Antony (see Antonius).
- To this policy of dependence upon Rome Antipater adhered, and he succeeded in commending himself to Mark Antony and Caesar in turn.Advertisement
- Transalpine Gaul is removed from Mark Antony and given to Octavian.