Marjory sentence example
- In the lavatory, or vestibule connecting the chapterhouse with the choir, Marjory Anderson, a poor half-crazy creature, a soldier's widow, took up her quarters in 1748.
- His son Walter, sixth steward, who had joint command with Sir James Douglas of the left wing at the battle of Bannockburn, married Marjory, daughter of Robert the Bruce, and during the latter's absence in Ireland was entrusted with the government of the kingdom.
- The chapel contains the tombs of abbot John Hamilton and of the children of the 1st lord Paisley, and the recumbent effigy of Marjory, daughter of Robert Bruce, who married Walter, the Steward, and was killed while hunting at Knock Hill between Renfrew and Paisley (1316).
- He married his daughter, Marjory, to the Steward, and from this union came the Stewart (Stuart) dynasty.
- Soon afterward he married Marjory Davidson, a young Scottish schoolteacher.Advertisement
- May 1935 Katherine Marjory Stewart Murray, Duchess of Atholl DBE (MP for Kinross & West Perthshire) has the unionist whip removed.
- Although it was not until the development of its mineral wealth that it attained to commercial importance, it is a place of some antiquity, and formed the dowry of Marjory, Robert Bruce's daughter, who married Walter, the hereditary steward of Scotland, in 1315.
- May 1935 Katherine Marjory Stewart Murray, Duchess of Atholl DBE (MP for Kinross & West Perthshire) has the Unionist whip removed.