Marjoram sentence example
- Summer arrives and the smell of fresh herbs pervades the chalk grassland as you walk through wild thyme, marjoram and wild basil.
- Oregano is a close relative of marjoram and is also known as pot marjoram.
- In very sheltered, stable areas more robust flowering plants can occur such as, rock-rose, small scabious, bloody crane's-bill and marjoram.
- Marjoram oil is a good option for snorers.
- In this way such herbs as basil, marjoram, mint, sage, savory, thyme, balm, chamomile, horehound, hyssop and rue, as well as parsley, may be had throughout the season with almost the full flavour of the fresh herb.Advertisement
- Favored summer nectar sources include hemp agrimony, bramble, marjoram and ivy blossom.
- Both chives and marjoram make attractive edgings for a vegetable bed.
- Add the bay leaf, dried marjoram and thyme and cook gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To attract this butterfly to your garden try growing marjoram in your herb bed.
- Design a summer meadow with some spring plants but include marjoram, knapweed and scabious.Advertisement
- This 'Ruby Pool ' holds nine blue circular, squat pots, made in the Taurus pottery and containing golden marjoram.
- Watch out for the impostor (called wild marjoram) with pink flowers and no flavor.
- A little grated nutmeg is excellent with potatoes, baked custard, rice puddings etc. Oregano Italian herb, a form of wild marjoram.
- Margery Fish wrote, " golden marjoram is one of the best of the golden ground cover plants.
- Wild marjoram Origanum vulgare Wild marjoram Origanum vulgare Wild marjoram is a plant that no wildlife gardener should be without.Advertisement
- It contains common broomrape, basil, marjoram, bladder campion, sweet violet, field scabious and birds foot trefoil.
- If you are able to grow your own herbs, you might consider growing parsley, cilantro, chives, rosemary, basil, sage, oregano and marjoram, or whatever herbs you will use frequently.