Maris sentence example
- (1) The person and writings of Theodore of Mopsuestia, (2) the writings of Theodoret in defence of Nestorius, (3) the letter written by Ibas to the Persian Maris.
- A strong mellow ruby colored ale, brewed using malt made from Maris Otter barley and the finest English aromatic hops.
- However nothing has ever matched Maris Otter for the quality of the cask beer it produces.
- The maris of the Pontic system is 1/2 of the above, 'and the Macedonian and Naxian maris (1/10) of the Pontic (18).
- In 1812 his Escuela de los maridos, a translation of Moliere's Ecole des maris, was produced at Madrid, and in 1813 El Medico a Palos (a translation of Le Medecin malgre lui) at Barcelona.Advertisement
- The Nova litteraria maris Balthici et Septentrionis (1698-1708) was more especially devoted to north Germany and the universities of Kiel, Rostock and Dorpat.
- By the theory of maris 1/5 of 20.6 cubed is 1755; by maris = Assyrian talent, 1850, in place of 1850 or 1980 stated above; hence the more likely theory of weight, rather than cubit, connexion is nearer to the facts.
- Deserving of attention are also the Cogitationes de Natura Rerum, probably written early, perhaps in 1605, and the treatise on the theory of the tides, De Fluxu et Refluxu Maris, written probably about 1616.