Mariposa sentence example
- In the next section, C. nitidus is a fine hardy and very beautiful plant, combining the attributes of Star Tulip and Mariposa.
- Thus, the Lent lily is Narcissus Pseudonarcissus; the African lily is Agapanthus umbellatus; the Belladonna lily is Amaryllis Belladonna (q.v.); the Jacobaea lily is Sprekelia formosissima; the Mariposa lily is Calochortus; the lily of the Incas is Alstroemeria pelegrina; St Bernard's lily is Anthericum Liliago; St Bruno's lily is Anthericum (or Paradisia) Liliastrum; the water lily is Nymphaea alba; the Arum lily is Richardia africana; and there are many others.
- Beautiful bulbous plants, called mariposa lilies, requiring warm sheltered spots in rich gritty and well-drained soil.
- The most northerly grove and the nearest to San Francisco is the Calaveras Grove near Stockton; the Mariposa Grove just south of the Yosemite National Park, is a state reservation and easily accessible to tourists.
- Check out a site such as La Mariposa Imports for a great selection of tops.Advertisement
- In 2005, Barbie: Fairytopia began a series of butterfly fairy films that would include Mermaidia, Barbie: Mariposa and Barbie Fairytopia: Magic of the Rainbow.
- Mattel released a line of Barbie dolls including a Mariposa (which means butterfly in Spanish) that took advantage of the highly decorative butterfly wings.