Mariae sentence example
- Spangles of mica are much used for decorative purposes of various kinds, and the mineral was formerly known as glacies Mariae (Ger., Frauenglas) because of its use for decorating statues of the Virgin.
- The Evangelium de Nativitate Mariae is a redaction of the latter.
- This story is much amplified in the account given by St John of Damascus in the homilies In dormitionem Mariae, which are still read in the Roman Church as the lesson during the octave of the feast.
- Mariae were published at Bologna in 1734, as also twelve Sonate d'intavolatura; six Sonate per l'organo ed it cembalo in 1747; and Duetti da camera in 1763.
- Among the principal buildings are the cathedral (rebuilt in the 16th century), and several other churches, among which the Mariae Kirke with its Romanesque nave is the earliest; a hospital, diocesan college, naval academy, school of design and a theatre.Advertisement
- The cathedral (Beatae Mariae Virginis) is one of the finest churches in Germany.
- It has its name from the opening words, Angelus Domini nuntiavit Mariae.
- Iris Mariae - Belongs to the iberica group, and was discovered on the confines of Egypt and Palestine.