Margaret of anjou sentence example
margaret of anjou
- He lived with the exiled court of Margaret of Anjou at Bar until 1470, and took an active part in the diplomacy which led to the coalition of Warwick and Clarence with the Lancastrians and Louis XI., and indirectly to Edward IV.'s expulsion from the throne.
- Suffolk, however, achieved a great success by negotiating the marriage of Henry to Margaret of Anjou in 1445.
- Suffolk brought about the match with Margaret of Anjou.
- Later legend made him the paramour of Margaret of Anjou.
- The Letters of Margaret of Anjou (Camden Soc., 1863) have small historical importance.Advertisement
- There have been numerous biographies, the chief is Mrs Hookham's Life of Margaret of Anjou (1872).
- Nevertheless, he continued his political opposition, and endeavoured to thwart Suffolk, who was now taking Beaufort's place in the council, by opposing the king's marriage to Margaret of Anjou.
- But the act was repudiated by Margaret of Anjou and her followers, and the duke was slain at Wakefield fighting against them.
- He landed at Howth with his wife Cicely Neville, and Margaret of Anjou hoped thus to get rid of one who was too great for a subject.