Marcella sentence example
- A number of widows and maidens met together in the house of Marcella to study the Scriptures with him; he taught them Hebrew, and preached the virtues of the celibate life.
- As a token of signal regard Octavian bestowed upon him the hand of his niece Marcella (28).
- He accordingly induced him to divorce Marcella and marry his daughter Julia (21), the widow of Marcellus, equally celebrated for her beauty and abilities and her shameless profligacy.
- The chief buildings are the Carmelite Priory (ruins dating perhaps from the 13th century); a Bluecoat school (1514); a free grammar school (1527); an orphan girl school (funds left by Thomas Howel to the Drapers' Co., in Henry VII.'s reign); the town hall (built in 1572 by Robert Dudley, earl of Leicester, enlarged and restored in 1780); an unfinished church (begun by Leicester); a market hall (with arcades or "rows," such as those of Chester or Yarmouth); and the old parish church of St Marcella.
- When Alaric sacked Rome, Marcella was cruelly scourged as the Goths thought that she had hidden her wealth.Advertisement
- The Classic Italian Cookbook by Marcella Hazan has earned a reputation for bringing Italian cuisine into the homes of American cooks.
- Marcella Frank, DO offers her services in the Snoring and Sleep Apnea Center in Capital Health System's Flud Campus.
- Betty becomes involved in many intrigues involving saving EcoModa behind the scenes with Armando, butting heads with Marcella and ultimately winning the respect of key fashion industry insiders.