Marasmius sentence example
- This fungus, Marasmius Oreades, is more universally used in France and Italy than in England, although it is well known and frequently used both in a fresh and in a dry state in England.
- To this character the fungus owes its generic name (Marasmius) as well as one of its most valuable qualities for the table, for examples may be gathered from June to November, and if carefully dried may be hung on strings for culinary purposes and preserved without deterioration for several years; indeed, many persons assert that the rich flavour of these fungi increases with years.
- The most complete and symmetrical grass rings are formed by Marasmius oreades, the fairy ring champignon, but the mushroom and many other species occasionally form rings, both on grass-lands and in woods.
- Marasmius oreades, the " fairy ring champignon " that can cause killing zones in grass turf.
- A ring of small toadstools of Marasmius (right) develops near the killing zone in autumn.Advertisement
- - The Fairy-ring Champignon (Marasmius oreades).
- The curious little edible Agaricus esculentus, although placed under the sub-genus Collybia, is allied by its structure to Marasmius.