Manumission sentence example
- The Koran breathes a considerate and kindly spirit towards the class, and encourages manumission.
- A new process of manumission was now established, to be performed in the churches through the intervention of the ministers of religion; and it was provided that clerics could at any time by mere expression of will liberate their slaves.
- During the reign of Coloman, moreover, the number of freemen was increased by the frequent manumission of serfs.
- And as the legal manumission dissolved a son's previous agnatic relationships, so, too, the person baptized gave up father and mother, &c., and became one of a society of brethren the bond between whom was not physical but spiritual.
- The polygonal terrace wall at the back, on being cleared, proves to be covered with inscriptions, most of them concerning the manumission of slaves.Advertisement
- By manumission the Athenian slave became in relation to the state a metic, in relation to his master a client.
- Manumission was of two kinds justa or regular, and minus justa.
- The third manumission thus gave to the son and slave his freedom.