Manliness sentence example
- He loved manliness, truth and justice.
- In the free imperial cities there was more manliness of tone than elsewhere, but there was little of the generous rivalry Tb among the different classes which had once raised them cHis to a high level of prosperity.
- It is not for the loss of liberty and of the senatorian rule that he chafes, but for the loss of the old national manliness and self-respect.
- He took public education out of the hands of the Jesuits, which, for the future development of manliness in his dominions, was a measure of incalculable value.
- But Henrys bitter humiliations transformed his character; they brought out all his latent capacities of manliness.Advertisement
- In 1587 Perrot conceived a plan for kidnapping Hugh Roe (Hugh the Red), now a youth of fifteen, who had already given proof of exceptional manliness and sagacity.
- 2 The last charge of Epicurus to his disciples is said to have been, Twv Soy / 2t Twv µe%cv11 vOac. on the essentially Greek doctrine which it received, - a reaction all the more inevitable from the very affinity between the Stoic sage and the ancient Roman ideal of manliness.
- Due to it's insane difficulty, Ninja Gaiden Black, a bonus-packed re-release, came with an unlockable "ninja dog mode" that made the game easier, at the expense of your manliness.
- His nature was essentially poetic, and his life the greatest of his poems. Those who knew only the poems he wrote could form but a faint notion of the harmony, the sweetness, the manliness and the tenderness of that which he lived.